Hot Sails MauiDa KineZuidwest6Sean Ordonez Shapes

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sometimes you loose....

Yesterday I headed to Ouddorp in the morning. The wind direction was perfect, but the waves were probably not that good. When I arrived it was clear. Good winds, but almost flat. Damn.... So Bas and I went out for some high wind flatwater sailing :-(

We could clearly see the potential of the sandbar. But sadly the waves were too small to really enjoy them. So we headed further out for a bit of bump and jump. And then, suddenly SNAP!!! I knew right away. I had snapped my boom. DAMN.... We were at least about 2km out, so it was up to the remaining half of my boom to take me back to shore. It was quite exciting in a steady 30kts wind. Some tense moments and strange noises, but it survived the trip back.





No comments:

Post a Comment